Everybody wants to lose weight these days. There are some who want to do so for health reasons while others just want to look and feel better in their own skin. Dieting is without a doubt one of the most popular methods that people use to try and get rid of those extra pounds or for women who try to get rid of cellulite. For a number of people finding the best weight loss products that work or healthy weight loss diet plans is a never ending quest.
There are many diets that work and many that don’t. There are also many diets that are healthy and quite a number of others that could put your life at risk. So how exactly do you differentiate between the good and the bad? Here are several tips that will help you come up with an effective diet plan without compromising on the health factor.
How To Diet To Reduce Weight At Home
Just because you are dieting doesn’t mean you have to starve yourself. Contrary to popular belief, healthy dieting plan is that which advocates for regular eating. The only catch is that you should eat small quantities of food every time. It is worth noting that skipping meals could lead to weight gain.
How good are protein shakes for weight loss?
Fruit is your best friend when it comes to healthy dieting. When you reduce the amount of food you consume on a daily basis, chances are that you will experience cravings in the first few weeks. For most people, the only solution to this problem is consuming cake, ice cream and other sweets.
This of course is counterproductive. Fruits such as pears, apples and grapes can do a much better job of eliminating cravings than all the aforementioned sugary treats. But the most important fact is that they contain more nutrients and fewer calories.
Organic Eating For Weight Loss
It is impossible to talk about healthy diet plans for weight loss without mentioning the word organic. A common expression goes something like this ‘the solutions to all man’s problems lie in nature’, this is very true. Processed foods contain all manner of chemicals that can interfere with the body’s normal function consequently affecting your ability to lose weight. Simply put, try as much as possible to keep it natural.
Effective Tips For Burning Fat
There are many weight loss products that you can use to supplement your dieting plan. For the best results, however, you need to incorporate exercise into your daily life. This is one fact that has been proven conclusively. The best thing about exercise is that you don’t have to start out like a pro for it to be effective. Go in slow and build over time.
Why Is Yo-Yo Dieting Not a Recommended Method For Weight Loss
In life, if you want to achieve profound success in any undertaking, you have to be consistent; the same rule applies to dieting. You can’t just diet whenever you please and expect to lose weight. Dieting requires discipline and determination, therefore, when you start be prepared to go all the way.
Water Is Essential To Weight Loss Because
You probably already know this, but it is worth mentioning. Water is very important in any dieting plan. There are many cases where hunger pangs can be significantly reduced simply by drinking a glass of water. Water also plays a major role in toxin elimination, which is important in the weight loss process.
Take Your Time Losing Weight
As mentioned earlier, there are many dieting fads out there. In your search, therefore, there is every chance that you will come across dieting plans and products that claim to have the ability help anyone lose a significant percentage of their body weight within a very short period.
You need to understand, however, that the there is a limit to which the weight loss process can be speeded up. Go beyond that, and you risk doing more harm than good to yourself. Of course, there is also the fact that some of the claims being floated around about the effectiveness of certain products are blatant lies.
As far as healthy weight loss diet plans go, the Paleo diet, Fat Loss Factor, the Half Day Diet and the Mediterranean diet are good examples. This is because, for the most part, their emphasis is on going back to the foods that are provided by nature. The aim of these diets is to improve the health of organs like the liver, heart and kidney consequently boosting their function.
So in addition to assisting with the weight loss process, these diets also reduce the risk of suffering from lifestyle diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, hypertension and even cancer. The last piece of advice: it is always important to read weight loss products reviews before jumping on any bandwagon.
Outdoor Activities That Burn Fat Fast
If you’re gearing up to continue on or start with a weight loss program, it’s important that you include plenty of variety in your workout program so that you’re constantly looking forward to each workout as it comes.
Many people make the mistake of going into the gym and performing the same workout over and over again which eventually causes them to fall off the bandwagon as they just cannot stand the thought of yet another same old session.
Switching it up and taking your workouts outside for a change of pace every once in a while is a great way to boost your fitness level, cure boredom, and burn fat.
Let’s have a quick peak at some of the top fat burning activities that you can do this fall.
- Rollerblading: The first activity to consider is taking a rollerblade through the park or any trails around your area. Rollerblading, especially on a hilly trail is one of the best ways to work the quads, glutes, and hamstrings, and burn calories incredibly quickly.
What’s more is that unless you’re very experienced with this activity, it’ll also prove to be a great core workout as well as the abs will constantly be called into play to keep you balanced.
- Hiking: With the cooler fall weather, now’s a great time to get out and go hiking. You won’t have to fight the summer heat for a longer session and will be able to enjoy the changing fall scenery.
A hike for 2-3 hours could easily burn up to 1500 calories if you’re on a varied terrain, so this is the perfect weekend getaway to help boost your fitness, kill stress, and get away from it all.
- Trail Running: Trail running is the next excellent outdoor activity to consider. Again, running in the summer heat can be quite problematic for many people but as the weather turns slightly cooler in the fall, it’s the perfect chance to get outdoors.
Just be sure if you are going to go trail running you wear a good pair of supportive footwear as it is much easier to roll an ankle when you’re not on flat ground.
- Raking Leaves: Finally, don’t ever overlook raking leaves as a fall activity to burn calories and get out of the gym. While you may not exactly consider this a ‘fun activity’ as it’s more of a chore, it’s still going to burn plenty of calories nevertheless.
If you really don’t feel like hitting the gym on any given day but have a yard full of leaves to rake up, skip it and do that instead. Not only will you give you cardiovascular system a workout, your entire upper body will be feeling it.
So there you have a few great fall suggestions to get your calorie burn up while getting out of the gym. It’s really quite easy to get fit without regular workout sessions if you put a little creativity into it and think of alternative exercises that you would enjoy.
Easy Ways To Exercise At Home
If you’re keen on getting into good shape but don’t quite like to join a public gym, there are many other ways to work around this. Many of us tend to believe that spending hours after hours at the gym is the only way to get in shape, but this isn’t the case.
If you can spend half an hour a day to exercise consistently right in the comfort of your own home, you can notice the differences in just a few weeks time.
Here are some suggestions for you to exercise at home:
- Climb Stairs: Looking for a quick and effective way to get in some cardio? At the gym you will most likely hop onto the treadmill, bike, or elliptical. But when you are exercising at home, very likely you don’t have one of these machines in your living room.
But most likely you have a set of stairs. Stair running can be just as effective as the treadmill, bike or elliptical. So don’t hesitate to use your stairs.
Run up and down the stairs 3 to 4 times in a row and then take a 45 second rest and walk around at a slow pace. Then repeat the same process another 4 to 5 times and you will have a perfectly effective fat burning workout.
- Jump Rope: If running stairs isn’t quite your hobby, then why not do rope jumping? Here again, jump rope is a vigorous calorie burner, allowing you to burn even more calories than a fast run would.
You have to be patient with yourself with this exercise however as it can take some time to get used to.
Try your best to skip for 1 minute straight if you can, then help yourself to rest for a minute or so. Alternate between on and off periods 10 to 12 times to create this skipping workout.
- Push-ups: Probably not many people like this exercise due to its level of difficulty. But while they can be hard to do, you can always modify them and find easier ways to do them. Don’t do it the harsh way with one hand; just do what works for you. Do them on your knees, instead of keeping your legs straight. Or, do them standing up against a wall or push up over the staircase. You will be building up arm strength and working out muscles in your chest area.
- Squats: These are fantastic exercises that strengthen your legs and buttocks. You can even modify these by sitting and standing up again from a regular chair, if you’re finding them to be too difficult to really squat down on your legs. As long as you’re able to do a few repetitions on a daily basis, you will be giving some benefits to your body.
Spread your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend your knees at chair- height while keeping your heels firm on the floor. Pull your abs and keep your lower back in a near neutral position. Slowly lower yourself down until your upper legs are nearly parallel with the floor. Straight out your hands and keep your upper body tight.
- Crunches: This is the best exercise for building up and toughening your abdominal muscles. When you’re just getting started, don’t worry about getting your head all the way up. So long as you’re going up until you feel the stretching of the muscles, you will see some benefits.
Start by doing 3 sets of 10 crunches and gradually increase the number. Lie on the floor. Place your hands on both sides of your head and bend your knees with your feet on the floor. Pay special attention to your form when you do crunches, especially if you have lower-back or neck problems.
- Jogging In Place: Jogging is a great exercise for your heart and an effective way to burn calories, helping you to lose weight. It’s easier to do than jogging outside or on a treadmill. You can jog in place at home while watching TV or listening to music. The only equipment you will require is a good pair of shoes, to eliminate any stress to your legs.
Warm up with a light jog. Move your arms and body as you jog. Lift your knees higher and move faster and faster to increase your heart rate. Alternate the periods of intensity with the periods of recovery.
- Adjustable Dumbbells: If you want to firm up your body fast, getting a set of adjustable dumbbells is the right way. You can do movements to target the entire body with these including lunges, squats, shoulder presses, chest presses lying on the floor, bent over rows, as well as bicep curls, triceps extensions, and lateral raises. Do 8 to 12 reps of each exercise as fast as you can. Rest for 2 minutes once the circuit has been completed. After resting, repeat the circuit once and you’ll be well on your way to adding more muscle mass.
- Resistance Bands: Finally, if you are not fond of dumbbells, the alternative is to use resistance bands. These are becoming very popular among those who workout at home because they can be conveniently kept in a dresser drawer when not in use.
Hold each end of the resistance band in each of your hands and perform many of the same exercises you would with your dumbbells such as squats, shoulder presses, chest presses, bicep curls, lateral raises, and bent over rows.
So there you have some quick tips for creating an effective and fast at home workout. If you can commit to doing your resistance training exercises twice per week and your cardio workout twice per week as well, while also combining this with a great diet and a supplement such as Phen375 to boost your metabolic rate, you will have a killer fat burning formula that will get you the body you’re after.
Why Do Most People Fail At Weight Loss?
If you want to sustain your weight loss, it’s vital to take a pro-active approach in managing your weight loss plan so that you move forward rather than backward.
It’s a very typical scenario – someone starts out smoothly with his weight loss plan with the scale moving exactly as they have hoped for but as time passes, that shifts and very soon they’re feeling frustrated and hopeless with the less than desired results.
Normally this is due to one or two minor mistakes that they’re making that are hindering them from seeing the progress they desire, so by getting these in check for yourself, you can make sure that they don’t come to hinder you. Let’s look at what you should know.
They Don’t Re-evaluate Their Intake After Losing Weight!
The very first mistake is the failure to re-evaluate their calorie intake after weight loss occurs. Remember, as you lose body weight, you’ll be burning fewer calories every day.
As you are burning fewer calories, you need to further reduce your total weight loss calorie intake, otherwise you are eating at a maintenance level instead.
When you are eating at maintenance level, you’re consuming and burning roughly the same amount, so your weight loss has stagnated.
They Don’t Factor In Small ‘Bites’
The second major mistake that some dieters make is failing to account for the small bites and snacks that they take here and there.
You may think that half a cookie won’t really matter, but in the long-run, it will. Each of those bites adds up over time and it could really affect your chances of success.
If the unaccounted for bites are happening often enough, you could be cancelling out the entire deficit that you’re creating.
They Use Black And White Thinking
Another common error for many people is using black and white/all or nothing thinking patterns with their program. They believe that they have to be 100% on at all times. If they aren’t, they might as well quit.
This is a very negative pattern to get into because it’ll cause you to easily lose focus as soon as a minor slip up takes place.
Minor slip-ups typically have very little effect on the end results as long as you move on immediately from them.
It’s when you let that minor slip-ups turn into a major slip-up that bigger problems are going to crop up.
They Aren’t Constantly Planning
Another big mistake is failing to plan regularly. Always try and pre-plan your meals and snacks as much as you possibly can. If you don’t plan out what you’re going to be eating each day, you’re leaving it up to chance. Leaving it up to chance invites unhealthy foods in and this will throw off your results.
They Do Not Track Progress
This is another one of the main reasons people fail to follow a healthy diet. If you do not track progress, you won’t know how much weight you have lost already and this can be very disappointing for most of us. In the end, you cannot measure your progress (or see whether there is any progress at all) if you do not keep track of your weight loss efforts.
They Focus Solely On The Diet
In most of the cases, diet alone will not help you lose weight – or more precisely, it will not help you lose impressive amounts of weight. If you have ambitious weight loss goals, then the diet you follow must be supported by the relevant lifestyle changes. Most people fail to follow their diet because they do not complement it with two essential factors for efficient weight loss: good quality night’s sleep and regular physical exercises.
Their Diets Do Not Provide Them With The Necessary Nutrients
Many people don’t realize that they must rely on a diet that provides them with all the essential nutrients for proper functioning of their body. The diet must be low in calories, but high in nutrients and vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
Nutrients play a vital role in your overall health and well-being. If you do not fuel your body properly, you will feel hungry the whole day and you will eventually give up and binge on food. Do not underestimate hunger, as it can kill your weight loss efforts!
Many people face the problem of slow metabolism, and this can bother those who are on a weight loss diet. Slow metabolism means slow weight loss, and this can discourage many people. It is all about body composition, not to mention the plateau period which can last up to several weeks. Many people opt to retreat if they do not see the scale moving as much as they would like it to move.
No Moral Support From Friends Or Family
Moral support is essential for slimmers, as this is a serious and difficult process that involves a lot of determination and will power. It is vital to have somebody to offer you the moral support you need to go on. Your close friends and relatives must be fully aware of your plans and support your decision.
Lack Of Determination
Overweight people are in an on-going fight with excess weight, because even if they manage to attain normal weight, they still have to work hard to prevent the rebound effect. This is where determination plays a decisive role. Unfortunately, many people tend to accept defeat too easily. This happens because they do not have a strong will power in the first place.
So there you have the top reasons why many people fail with their diet program. Do you see yourself in any of these? If you do, it’s time to make a few changes to make sure you’re moving forwards rather than backwards.